Job Title: Program Instructor
Reports To: Camp Director
Number of Positions Available: Archery (2), Tubing (2), Wall Climbing, (2) Paddleboarding (1), Kayaking/Canoe (1), Sailing (1)
Each camp activity requires a qualified, trained and experienced instructor. Each day instructors deliver specific program content for each activity based on outlined program standards and guidelines.
Instructors are responsible for teaching campers the safety requirements of each program ensuring that all participants use equipment properly and follow safety standards.
Each instructor is responsible for their program area and maintaining equipment in good order for next program period.
DAILY / WEEKLY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Instruct 5-6 one hour programs for camper groups of 10- 14 ranging in age from 7-17.
- Daily program development / maintenance time
- Evening activity instruction.
- Cabin coverage to facilitate counsellor evening off.
- Sunday Camper Registration Check In support
- Saturday Check Out Support
- Attend weekly all staff and staff team meetings as scheduled.
- Complete daily attendance sheets and head counts for each class.
- Additional classes and supervision as required.
- Preparation of alternative "Rainy Day" programs.
ALL STAFF RESPONSIBILITIES
- All staff are expected to abide by and enforce camp guidelines of respect. These are the rules and expectations of behaviour implemented to maintain a fun and safe camp environment.
- All staff are responsible for the safety and security of each camper in their care. Staff are to follow prescribed program standards in order to ensure the highest level of care and instruction.
- Attendance for all staff to the June orientation week training is mandatory. This training period is where each staff will receive essential employment information and training for a successful summer experience.
- Participation in camp-wide special events and weekly meetings are an expectation of all staff members.
- The dynamic nature of summer camp demands each staff understand that additional duties may be assigned as required.
- Room & Board Provided.
- Access to program and recreation equipment.
- An experience that will last a lifetime.
Employment Period: June 22nd-August 29th, 2020
Wages: Summer wages vary depending on age, qualifications and experience of applicants. Room and board are included.
- A minimum of 18 years of age.
- Minimum Bronze Cross (NLS preferred) swimming qualification for all activity instructional staff. This applies to both land and water activity staff.
- Must be provincially certified and/or be experienced on the instructor level in the program you intend to instruct.
- Possess the ability to teach and communicate with varied ages of campers.
- Possess strong group control skills.
- Current certificate of Emergency First Aid and CPR
- Must be an enthusiastic, energetic and positive person.
- Must be willing to take part in camp related activities outside the defined job description.