Come enjoy camp with your family!
Family Retreat Dates for Summer 2021
- June 4-6, 2021 (Dog Friendly )
- June 11-13, 2021 (Dog Friendly )
- June 18-20, 2021 (Dog Friendly )
- August 30-Sept 1, 2021 (Dog Friendly )
- Sept 1-3, 2021
- Sept 3-5, 2021 (Dog Friendly )
During our Family Retreats, your family will have the opportunity to experience the beauty of the Bruce Peninsula and everything that the Elite Camps Outdoor Leadership Centre has to offer.
The Elite Camps Outdoor Leadership Centre is located at 760 Highway 6, South Bruce Peninsula. About 3 hours from Toronto and located on Bruce Peninsula, a UNESCO World Biosphere Reserve, our 75-acre lakefront property has 5 outdoor basketball courts, challenge courses, a spectacular waterfront, an indoor athletic center including a basketball court, weight room, and more.
Want to see more? Check out a full gallery of photos here.
COVID-19 Safety Measures
As with all of our programs at Elite Camps, safety is our number one priority. We will have comprehensive safety measures in place that meet provincial guidelines and follow site-specific advice from our local public health unit. Please see some of these measures below.
- Families will be screened for symptoms and temperature checked upon arrival.
- Every family will have their own cabin. No one other than your family will be able to enter, except in the case of an emergency.
- In depth cleaning and sanitization of each cabin will occur between reservations.
- All equipment will be sanitized after each use.
- Physical distancing guidelines will be followed at all times.
- Book by the night - $699/night for up to 5 people, including breakfast, lunch, and dinner each day. $50/night for each person over 5. Includes all activities.
- Book the whole camp - book all 10 cabins for $699/night per cabin.
Cabin rentals include breakfast, lunch, and dinner. You will have the option to eat at your own family table in the dining hall, in your cabin, on your porch outside at your cabin’s designated picnic table, or in a picnic area outside of the dining hall. All spaces will be set up to ensure that physical distancing directives are followed.
We will also sell snacks and other goodies at our tuck shop. Any extras that you purchase during your stay will be charged to your card at the end of your stay.
Please note that we will not be selling any alcoholic beverages, but you are welcome to bring your own so long as you drink responsibly.
Your family will have a private cabin for the duration of your stay. This cabin will be your home base as you enjoy everything our center has to offer. All cabins have electricity, air-conditioning, hot and cold water, bathrooms and showers, a mini-fridge, a front porch that overlooks the lake, and a picnic table right next to it.
Each cabin sleeps up to 14 people, with 6 single bunk beds and two double beds.
Your family will get to experience all of the activities that Elite Camps Outdoor Leadership Centre has to offer. This includes swim, canoe, kayak, stand up paddleboard, tubing, beach volleyball, wall climbing, archery, weight room, as well as outdoor and indoor basketball.
Each of our activity areas will have a capacity of one family at a time to ensure that proper physical distancing and sanitization can occur. Please be aware that you might not get your first choice of activity every single day as we work to accommodate all families on site.
Activities On Your Own
There is so much for you to do! Families are encouraged to go out on excursions in our nearby towns, Sauble Beach & Tobermory, and to explore the Bruce Trail as well as nearby national and provincial parks. We will have a list of nearby attractions for you to explore should you want some guidance.
Each night we will run optional family-friendly and physical distancing friendly group programming in our dining hall. From bingo, to minute to win it, to family feud, to trivia, we’ll help the families on site have fun with their kids and each other. You are also welcome to use any of the program areas that are open at night, which include our outdoor basketball courts, our indoor athletic facility, and four separate campfires.
Frequently Asked Questions
How many families can you accommodate on-site?
We have 10 family cabins
Can I bring people outside my family?
No. As of right now the guidance from the province and our local health unit has been that it must be a family unit.
How do families know which activities they can go to?
You will be able to sign up for daily activities upon check-in.
What precautionary measures will be taken this summer?
- Screening procedures will occur prior to entry
- Families living in single-family units
- Families will be asked to maintain a physical distance of 2 meters from members of other families at all times
- Camp wide shared bathrooms will remain closed
- Delivered/outdoor meals will be an option
- Regularly sanitized program areas
- Fully disinfected cabins in between each reservation
- Each family will have designated lifejackets for the duration of their stay
- All equipment will be sanitized after each family use
- Regular hand-washing will be encouraged
What do we need to bring with us?
Once you are booked, you will receive an information package with more details on what to pack.
Each family should bring their own linens, towels, blankets, and pillows. Pack enough clothes to last the duration of your stay. Please bring your own toiletry (shampoo, soaps, etc.). Feel free to bring your own fishing rod, favorite sports equipment, bikes, etc. Please, bring your own water bottle (refillable anywhere in camp) so you can stay hydrated during the day, and don't forget to bring a white shirt to have some tie-dye fun!
Families are encouraged to bring lawn chairs and beach umbrellas or mats to find comfort on the beach and around their cabin.
Each cabin will have cleaning supplies available. However you should bring a good supply of hand sanitizer for your family's use, and masks for each person to wear if you feel the need to wear them.
When is check-in & check out?
Check In 4pm & Check Out: 1:30pm
Can I stay on site after check out?
Unfortunately not. To ensure that our site has more than enough space for all the families that are booked in, you will have to leave the site upon checkout.
Can we bring our family pet?
Yes, we offer dog friendly weekends.
What are the check-in / check-out guidelines?
Check-in will be welcomed on your day of arrival from 4 PM onwards. Please let us know your estimated time of arrival so we can prepare accordingly. On the day of your arrival, your family will be screened for virus symptoms before you leave your vehicle. From there we will direct you to park and then to your cabin.
On the day of your departure, we ask that you leave your cabin "sweep clean" and ready for our cleaning and sanitization crew to start their work by 2pm (after lunch).
Can we rent out the entire camp?
Of course! If you are a group of families interested in having exclusive use of the camp, you can enjoy the privacy for $699 per cabin, per night (5 person occupancy - $50 per day per additional guest) +HST for a week.
What is the refund policy?
Family Retreats Refund & Cancellation Policy:
- Cancellations received in writing (including email) more than 14 days prior to arrival date: Full refund of fees paid minus a $50 administrative fee.
- Cancellations received in writing (including email) within 14 days of arrival date are NOT ELIGIBLE for refund.
Family Retreats COVID Cancellation Policy:
- Cancellation with proof of a positive COVID test of any of the registered attendees: Full refund of fees paid minus a $50 administrative fee.
- Cancellation of Family Retreats initiated by Elite Camps Wiarton Inc., Public Health, the Government of Ontario, or any other governing body prior to your arrival date: a full refund will be provided.